These Contract Terms and Conditions are legally binding and contain the Agreement between you and Skytent Pty Ltd relating to the staying in a Skytent at a Skytentoz site.
A booking by you together with these Terms and Conditions (communicated in writing, in person or electronically) of the booking will constitute your acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, their contents. The Terms and Conditions may only be amended to the extent agreed in writing by Skytent.
References to ‘Skytent’ and ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ shall be deemed to be references to Skytent Pty Ltd. References to ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘guest/s’ shall be deemed to be references to the person entering into a rental agreement with Skytent and who is Principal to all obligations.
Booking and Cancellations
To secure your booking, booking are to made online through the web site. Payment is required in full at time of booking.
If you choose to cancel your booking, you will need to let us know as soon as possible by email. Cancellations that are more than 14 days prior to the booking date you can
- a. Choose an alternative date within 6 months, subject to Skytents availability or;
- b. Forfeit any monies paid for the Skytent experience (we recommend taking out travel insurance to cover this possibility).
For your safety or any other unforeseen circumstance, Skytent reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time. In these circumstances, you may choose to book an alternative date.
Prices are as advertised on the web site and is relevant to the location advertised. Site prices may vary from location to location, web site platform and during various peak and off peak times of the year the discretion of Skytent. The price paid by the customer at time of booking will not be varied after booking.
NOTE: As a result of the recent COVID19 Pandemic, Skytent will provide refunds for any cancellations required by a change to the Governments decree or legislation in response to the pandemic. This will only apply to legislation or decree changes made after booking.
You are responsible for any damage and loss caused to the Skytent during your stay that is a result of guest actions. You will be expected to reimburse Skytent up to 100% of the cost of damage repair including equipment and labour costs.
Conditions of Use
- No cooking or use of gas appliances of any kind should be used inside the Skytent.
- Open flames are not allowed inside the Skytent.
- No pets are allowed.
- No smoking is allowed inside the tents or within 2m of open doorways to the Skytent.
- Vomit, spillage of alcohol or other substance will result in additional cleaning charges added to the Guests invoice.
- No items supplied for guest use (i.e. telescopes, bedding etc) are to be removed from the Skytent at any stage
- You must not store inside the Skytent any items which are likely to damage any part of the inside of the Skytents.
- Only employees / agents of Skytent may make changes or movement to the Skytent structures.
- Please do not leave valuables unattended inside in the Skytent. Skytent will not be held liable for theft of damage of personal property.
- You agree that Skytent or its employees/agents accept no liability for any personal injury or damage to any persons or property suffered during the period of your usage.
- Use of campfires or other equipment provided whilst a guest of Skytent is at your own risk. Our Skytents are not fireproof so please keep campfires at a safe distance away from the Skytent and check regularly for fire restrictions in your area. Do not leave campfires unattended and fully extinguish when going to bed. Skytent will not be held responsible for any fire damage caused to the Skytents from negligent use of campfires.
- Our Skytents are located in a variety of natural settings that may not have staff in attendance at times. As such you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to maintain your own safety in and around our Skytents. You acknowledge that you are aware of the risks entailed in the some of the locations (including but not limited to kangaroos, spiders, wombat holes, snakes, hot summer temperatures, cold temperatures in winter, windy conditions, lakes and rivers, unexpected bushfires and smoke, snow and icy conditions, hail, thunder and lightning). Also note the lighting is kept to a minimum to maximise the visibility from the tents.
- You agree that Skytent will not be held liable for any: Act of God including tempest, fire, flood, storm, pandemic or natural disaster; War, civil war, sabotage or act of terrorism; Government sanction, embargo, import or export regulation or order; Labour disputes, including strikes, lockouts, boycotts or other industrial action; Failure in the transportation of equipment, machinery or personnel or in the provision of any utility including power, gas, water, or communication services.
We reserve the right to hold certain information about you (in accordance with the Privacy Act) for the following purposes:
- To communicate to you, and manage, the status of your booking/orders
- To communicate details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested.
- Your details will not be shared with unrelated 3rd parties without your prior approval.
We reserve the right to amend this website and our terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
All fees and charges are inclusive of the Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST)
You agree to follow the supplied route to the designated Skytent and park at the designated parking spots as indicated by signage.
In some locations the route to the Skytent is rough and may be unsuitable for certain vehicle types. Instructions will be provided at time of booking and should directions not be followed, Skytent advises that any vehicles damaged or bogged, requiring towing, repairs will not be Skytents responsibility and may be required at your expense.
Due to the remote location of some of our locations there may be a component of off-road driving on a track in use – this will be highlighted in the booking information if relevant for a particular site. While all efforts are made to keep the roads suitable for all-weather driving, no responsibility is taken for loss or damage to vehicles including but not limited to rocks or debris on the road, uneven surfaces, exposed rocks, wildlife or washed road surfaces.
Australian Consumer Law
To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on Skytent are excluded under these terms and conditions.
Nothing contained in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of any provision, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability under the Australian Consumer Law or under any international consumer protection legislation, provided that, to the extent that such law permits Skytent to limit its liability, then Skytent’s liability is limited to:
- in the case of services, supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and
- in the case of goods, replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods, or payment of the cost of replacing the goods, supplying equivalent goods or having the goods repaired.